Thursday, March 5, 2009

a slight twitch
accompanied the quick glance;
the discomfort was prevalent,
calmness, an impossibility.

their tightly-shut eyes,
a grimace on their face.
"what am I doing, forcing them through this?"
I thought to myself;
"do you enjoy their suffering?"

another voice defended the act;
"I'm merely standing next to them."

the former retaliated,
"you selfish bastard. can't you see what this is doing?"

the second voice
went into remission,
its justification rendered insignificant.

and, still, the desire to be close to them,
to leave solitude behind..

oh, contemplations;
when will this get better?
when will things be alright?
when will we become friends again?

cursed thoughts
tightly gripping my throat;
they will eventually possess my own two hands.
at that point..
there's no turning back.

no more time for goodbyes.
no more time for regrets.
no more time for one last "I love you."

"no more talk of darkness,
forget these wide-eyed fears;
I'm here, nothing can harm you,
my words will warm and calm you..

let me be your freedom,
let daylight dry your tears;
I'm here, with you, beside you,
to guard you and to guide you.."
--[All I Ask of You] // The Phantom of the Opera

No comments:

Post a Comment