Saturday, January 10, 2009

a life.

uncharacteristically cold. lonely. full of regrets and wishes for happiness.

what is happiness? a state of mind that is impossible to attain? having one's dreams and desires fulfilled?

what are "dreams"? those faint recollections of a happily-ever-after? a fluttering wisp from childhood?

adolescence. our time of innocence. oh, how I wish I had mine. how I long to have ever had a period in my life where dreams were conceivable, where hopes weren't just empty wishes..

my parents had no time to read to me. I had no friends. my only solace was in books of grandeur and adventure, in places where everything was exposed. thereafter I grew enamored with the hideous filth we call the internet, a truly atrocious creation that only served to further augment my descent to hell.

I wonder if things would be different if my parents cared more about me and were more cautious of my growth and activities.

(on a side note, I got a hair cut.)

1 comment:

  1. The last sentence made me laugh. :) I want to see your new hair!

    And in the interest of not feeling cold and heartless, I'm sorry. I also feel that I wasted my childhood on a slew of entirely identical fantasy novels.

    ReplyDelete